The original recipe can be found here. Flag this page! It’s my mothership for great low-carb recipes.
You need egg whites, cream of tartar, and cheddar cheese.
Here’s how I made them:
1. Freeze a bag of shredded cheddar cheese (an hour should do it)
2. Instead of using a food processor, I put the cheese in a ziplock bag and beat it silly with a rolling pin to break it into tiny pieces. (one less thing to wash, and yes, I own a rolling pin)
3. Beat 3 egg whites and 1/8 tsp cream of tartar until stiff. (about 5 min)
4. Gently fold in cheese (I used a whole cup even though the recipe calls for a half a cup) being careful not to disrupt the fluff.
5. Load the dough in another Ziplock bag and cut a half inch hole in the corner.
6. Make squiggles or round puffs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 300 degrees, or until they have that golden cheesy appearance.
These were SO GOOD! I shared the batch with River and between the two of us, they were GONE.
The other photo I shared today is a 24 hour graph of River’s blood sugars. The low line is set at 65 and the high line is at 130. He did spike briefly before bedtime because he had his pump off while he “went to the library” and took a shower.